by: donna belle | food lovers and events
I am pretty sure that most of us are having a New Year’s Resolution especially when the New Year comes. Most of our resolutions are: To lose weight, to save, to invest, to keep good friends, to be a better person at work, to be family oriented and to name a few of positive vibes.
In 365 days, we can never know what is going to happen. We planned some good start but at the end we were not able to reach our goals or targets it’s because we always start things in a wrong way.
What do we really need to do in order for us to achieve what we want? There are lots of resolutions that we want but will tackle some of the majority issues that we wanted to improve or change.
TO BE MORE FOCUS ON OUR FAMILY
Most of us are expat living and working abroad and our main purpose is to give a beautiful life to our family back home. Therefore we should not forget our purpose in life while we are having a good opportunity abroad.
- If you are living with your family – ensure that you have a quality time with them. Life is short; it’s always nice to spend our happy time with our family while you’re together abroad. Compared to others who are away from their family and they would just wish that they have their family with them.
- If you’re away from your family – ensure to keep in touch with them. We have the best technology; we can always keep in touch with them via Skype, Facetime, Messenger, Whats App and Viber.
- Don’t forget your purpose – we are here to work for our loved ones so let’s respect our purpose.
TO LOSE WEIGHT
Based on my experience, it’s been a decade that I always tell to myself that I wanted to lose weight, I want to live healthy and avoid junk foods and change my lifestyle. But still… I always believe that we should start it in a right way.
- Everything that we do should be on our List. Plan ahead. Prioritize the things to do on the next day, on the next week or on the next month. We should always have Things to Do, so we don’t missed any of our goal.
- Before leaving the house for work, for school or to do our personal errands. Be sure to eat a healthy breakfast or food that could keep us going until we go back to our home for lunch. If we are working, be sure to prepare our lunch box and snacks. In this way, we can avoid eating junk foods.
- If there’s an extra budget, we can always enroll in any fitness center like aerobics, gym, yoga, sports. If there’s a gym in the building where we live in why not pass by and use at least a tread mill. Or walk in a park, walk with your dog or invite friends with same purpose and decide to go for a walk
If we are watching any you tube or video in Social Media we can see that it looks like so easy to lose weight but if we have our will, we will definitely reach our target. I always believe this quotation “If there’s a WILL, there’s a WAY”. Real talk.
TO START SAVING
I have been living in the Middle East for almost 20 years and it’s really difficult to save especially if you see SALE everywhere in the shopping center. But trust me, at the end of the day we feel bad especially if we found our self broke; no savings at all. You feel bad that you just see all your expensive bags, shoes, watches, jewelries etc. Most of the working people are expats, means at the end of the day we will all go back to our homeland. Sad but true! All I can say is it’s not at the end of the world. We still have chance in saving for our future. Let us check what I have realized.
- If you have already invested expensive things for yourself like bags, shoes, watches, accessories, jewelries and you feel that you it is not useful anymore. Why don’t you sell it and convert is as cash. But if you have a with your stuffs, just use it. Don’t keep it in your closet. Avoid buying new stuffs which you don’t need.
- Avoid eating regularly in an expensive restaurant. But if you wish to treat yourself from time to time ensure that you have some vouchers. There are lots of vouchers with different offers i.e. buy one take one or 50% off.
- Be simple. Be minimalist. Most of us are expat and we don’t need to impress each other. Yes, we need some quality things and be sure that when you buy quality things it’s because it’s you. Let’s avoid buying things that our intention is to impress others.
- Opening a Savings Account is not a bad idea at all.
- Budget – let’s live our life according from our resources.